American Cutting Edge is proud to be named as one of the ‘2014 Top 25 Best Places to Work’ in Dayton.
To apply, click on this contact us link and select ‘Job Inquiry’ as the Reason for Contact. Complete the contact form, attach your resume and click Submit.
American Cutting Edge is currently seeking two full-time positions. If you’re looking for a new career opportunity with a growing organization, please click this contact us link, attach your resume and click Submit.
Manufacturing Engineer-A mechanical engineer who can support our manufacturing processes and provide technical support for all organizational stakeholders. As a smaller organization, we have the advantage of designing our jobs to include a variety of interesting responsibilities. While this position will focus on supporting our manufacturing processes, the role will also be involved with a variety of areas within engineering, including quality and product design. The ideal candidate would be someone who likes to work independently and adapts well to an ever-changing environment.
- Develops CAM and CNC programs in support of manufacturing new and improved products.
- Creates, implements, maintains and improves capable production processes, methods and sequences to achieve safety, quality, through put and cost targets.
- Develops and maintains production standards using work measurement techniques such as time/motion studies, work content studies, and line-balancing.
- Creates and maintains manufacturing documentation as required by the various operating procedures.
- Design special fixtures and tooling. Provides technical assistance with tool builds, as required
- Designs and implements manufacturing cell layouts to support improved production efficiency.
- Works with Production to identify and resolve safety and quality risks within the manufacturing processes.
- Communicates and provides technical consultation with engineering, maintenance, sales and production personnel.
- Serves as a technical resource for Quality Department in the identification of root cause failures.
- Champions continuous improvement initiatives with Quality, Supply Chain, Sales and Manufacturing departments. Drives projects from design through implementation.
- Provides technical bridge between Sales and Suppliers. Works with Suppliers regarding manufacturing and product requirements.
- Drafts and reverse-engineers drawings based upon sample parts. Communications with Sales and Customer regarding product design requirements.
- Develops and improves products by studying customer requirements. Researches and tests manufacturing methods and materials. Solicits input from customers and internal departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s in engineering or equivalent business/work experience.
- 1-3 years CNC programming experience, preferably with a Hurco vertical machining center or similar.
- 1-3 years metal treating experience preferred
- Experience with drafting/reverse engineering and project management a plus
Compensation includes base salary plus quarterly profit sharing bonus opportunity. Full-time employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, 401k with company match, partial gym membership reimbursement and more!
Account Manager – We are searching for a new member of our sales team to focus on prospecting new business. This individual will be responsible for prospecting and cold calling in support of growing various lines of business.
- Calls potential customers for information regarding their business and possible areas of manufacturing that match our product offerings.
- Researches potential customers. Prospects through current CRM records and additional industry data.
- Assists in managing customer accounts. Takes inbound orders from customers. Contacts current customers at regularly scheduled intervals to secure repeat business.
- Accurately enters Sales Orders into the system, reviewing pricing and delivery dates to ensure accuracy. Enters notes into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database. Sends order confirmations to the customer.
- Records all relevant customer contact into Customer Relationship Management Database.
- Schedules follow up contact activities for self and for other Sales Staff through CRM database.
- Prepares and sends customer quotes, as requested by Sales Team. Follows up with Sales staff and/or customer as appropriate.
- Documents customer upsets through the cases systems. Prepares details and documentation for product returns. Assists sales staff with troubleshooting root causes and resolutions. Tracks and closes customer cases, as appropriate.
- Tracks Resale orders from order through delivery. Works with Purchasing/Resale staff to follow up on vendor delivery dates and product information.
- Fields in-bound phone calls and emails. Provides timely responses to customers and vendors. Makes outbound phone calls and emails to customers to ensure communication is complete and customers’ needs are being met.
- 1-year sales or customer service experience preferred
- Cold calling or prospecting experience required
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Customer Focused individual with a high level of initiative.
- Strong Time and Priority Management skills